Thursday, 23 April 2015

Task 6 - Production


Before I could rig the gladiator object I had to put the sword, shield and helmet onto the gladiator body, which was easy as all I had to do was move an object into place in Modeler. All these objects fit together perfectly, which just makes it easier for me to work with.

The harder part was rigging it, I'd only ever used skelegons once before but placing them was rather easy too.


I then went on to rig the orc character I'd decided to use for this animation. As with the gladiato; I had no problems rigging the orc with skelegons.


I then put the shades I found in the pre-made objects folder and put them on the skull. This will be the platform that the two characters will be fighting on.

I then moved everything into Layout and moved everything into place to start my animation. I already like how this looks and I think that showing the skull at the end will be fun.


When I started animating the gladiator I realized that I forgot to add skelegons to the sword and shield, without these the sword and shield would bend when I moved the arms. Because of this I had to go back to Modeler and add those skelegons, then send the gladiator object to Layout again.



Now that I didn't have to worry about any of the objects screwing up badly I started by setting the gladiator and orc into position. I'm going to start the animation with the gladiator slashing the orc with his sword, like I started in my storyboard, which I will be following as closely as possible throughout my animation's production.


I have started well, the skelegons are somewhat easier to deal with after my first try at it, hopefully it will continue to be as easy to work with as it is now. The two images below show my animation looking much like my storyboard shows.



I will do my best to constantly follow my storyboard, unless I reach a point that I need to change the direction I'm going with the animation.



I realized that I would need the gladiator to bring the sword up to swing it in the right direction for the orc to fall off the platform. This made me come to the decision to add an extra swing going upwards to lead up to the last sword swing that will cause the orc to fall.



I brought the orc's leg up to make him look like he's already off-balance when the next swing hits him, as well as it making the swing look like it had more of an impact.



I'm nearing the end of my animation, making the orc fall off the platform without going up before going down but I fixed it as much as I could and it came out looking fine. The problem is now minimal and is hardly noticeable.


I have finished the animation of the gladiator and orc, I am now going to animate the camera so that it follows the action and at the end; zooms out to show the giant skull.


The camera animation has been finished, the rendering only took around half an hour, this is likely because there wasn't many textures to render.

I think it turned out looking great after it was rendered. I only had a few problems with this software besides the skelegon problem I had at the start.

I'm happy with how this animation turned out and I think it is of a great quality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment